Pixelated cookie credits!
The sprite used (pictured on the right) is a 4-color simplification of the one found here, and was originally featured in the SNES game Super Mario All-stars.
Full disclosure: This was a test cookie (I was quite the pixel-cookie noob) and it was made from several slightly different mixes of dough, built over several sessions. Not quite fit for consumption (but still quite nice to look at!)
At first I planned on making just the red Super Mushroom, but after a few lines I decided to add the green and make it a 2 faced piece instead. Making for a total of 306 Playdough pressed lines (16×16=256 + 50 (green)) spread over 5 colors, or really, way too much for a cookie.
Cooling in between and using different dough mixes caused problems when trying to do the minification through pressure (described here by Evil Mad Scientist). The sheer thickness of the dough block didn’t help any either, and makes for rather skewed results.
Update: I’ve made another (better looking and very tasty) pixel cookie featuring the Reddit Alien!